Thursday, April 16, 2020

4/16/20

This is being written during an unusual time in the US as well as around the world.

A disease called COVID-19 or coronavirus has kept us in a state of mostly quarantine. Except for a couple drives to mail letters and just to see how spring is springing, I have not been anywhere since March 11. The next day a few of my friends were here for lunch and I've not seen any of them since.

My grandson Brendin & his wife Becca had a premature baby, Hunter Bray Johnson, March 19. He weighed 4 # 6oz. and was in NICU until April 6. Because of the quarantine, Teri was working from home so she and Timm were able to go down to Monument, CO to stay with Amelia and Ollie so Brendin & Becca could spend as much time as possible with Hunter. They went back to Walla Walla yesterday. Modern technology allowed Teri to bring her computer to Colorado & continue working.

Kelli and Mark have been doing my grocery shopping; they bring them in the back door, set them on the counter, and I stand at the hall doorway and we visit for a few minutes. According to our government, both State & federal, we need to observe social distancing--which means we cannot stand any closer than 6' to anyone who doesn't live in the same house. Timm & Teri did come and visit for a couple hours one Sunday--they sat at one end of the 6' table and I sat at the other. Instead of hugging, we did fist bumps at arms' length.

I know because of my age and heart condition I am in the higher-risk group, so have stayed in as recommended. However, if this continues many more weeks, I will be going against the "rules" and go out. I probably won't be doing my Meals on Wheels route, or going to nursing homes, immediately, but I do expect to go to the store, etc.

Again, thanks to modern technology, we have been able to "go" to church via Zoom, so we can see and hear each other. We have also had "visits" a couple times a week using the same technology.


This is what my patio looked like this morning, so I wouldn't have been tempted to go somewhere anyway. The sun is supposed to be back out tomorrow. This typical spring weather in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment